- It is the multiplicative identity for integers, real numbers, and complex numbers.
- It is neither prime nor composite
- 1 raised to any number is 1.
- Is considered a highest honor. 1 is #1!
- AKA phi
- It is the “Golden Ratio”
- It is found by dividing a line into two parts, so that the longer part divided by the smaller part is also equal to the whole length divided by the longer part:
- The actual value goes infinitely with no pattern.
- It is an irrational number, which means it cannot be written as the ratio of two integers
- AKA pi
- It is the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter.
- It is an irrational number.
- It has an infinite number of digits in its decimal representation and does not settle into any repeating pattern.
- It is the first perfect number. The sum of all of its divisors:
- It is the only number that is both the sum and the product of the same three consecutive positive integers :
- It is the atomic number of carbon. Carbon is the basis of almost all known life on Earth.
- It has significance in both Christian and Jewish religion.